I was watching Star Trek: Voyager with my partner tonight when I had an interesting thought about language and species. Say there are two sentient species living co-operatively on a recently colonised planet. Say those two species have quite different vocal apparatus and have sound inventories that have decent overlap but each have sounds that cannot be produced by the other species. Each species would probably retain their native languages and develop a lingua franca and then in subsequent generations a pidgin and maybe a creole. What I wonder is if the native language each species brought with them to the planet would reduce/adapt in sound inventory to the point where it *could* be spoken by both species while still remaining distinct from the creole.
Reblog if your cramps have ever
- made you vomit
- lasted between 2-3 days
- stopped you from being able to walk or run
- made you cry
It’s not considered a viable excuse on any occasion, and I would like to know why.
- woken you up at night the pain was so bad
- made you pass out
- made you walk doubled over
- made you crumple to the floor
- go to the nurses office
Q:Look, I like your blog so I'm telling you this as a favor. Regardless of what they say, it's no secret that men like an in-shape woman with ab-definition and a right body. Maybe if you got off your lazy ass and worked out some more, you'd lose that soft fat and squish you're complaining about. And maybe then you wouldn't get so much hate mail. Just a suggestion.
Okay, let me try to understand. What you’re saying, effectively, is (1) it’s impossible for me to ever feel good about myself until I get rid of all my ‘soft fat and squish’, and (2) that the callous hate mail I receive daily is entirely justified given that I don’t have the body of a perfect VS model or bombshell pornstar.
So, then…it’s completely fine to cruelly criticize and threaten and mock the average girl just because her body isn’t the epitome of some fabricated standard of visual and fitness perfection? I mean, even if I worked out like a total exercise-nut and lost some of my chubbiness, I still wouldn’t be perfect. And even if I got a model’s body and finally achieved the ab-definition I’ve never once had in my life, I still wouldn’t be perfect.
Because the perfect body simply doesn’t exist. All female bodies are beautiful and gorgeous in their own right, and for once in my life I’d just like to feel the same fucking way about mine. But until then, I say to you and the rest of my haters —
Eat this chubby squishiness you detest so much!! EAT IT!!!
Ummm, there kinda needs to be extra skin on the body so it can stretch in every direction and not tear. EVERYONE, even the thinnest people have rolls of flesh when they bend forward, it’s inescapable. The reason you don’t see these things on models is because they get photoshopped out.
Women invented all the core technologies that made civilization possible. This isn’t some feminist myth; it’s what modern anthropologists believe. Women are thought to have invented pottery, basketmaking, weaving, textiles, horticulture, and agriculture. That’s right: without women’s inventions, we wouldn’t be able to carry things or store things or tie things up or go fishing or hunt with nets or haft a blade or wear clothes or grow our food or live in permanent settlements. Suck on that.
Women have continued to be involved in the creation and advancement of civilization throughout history, whether you know it or not. Pick anything—a technology, a science, an art form, a school of thought—and start digging into the background. You’ll find women there, I guarantee, making critical contributions and often inventing the damn shit in the first place.
Women have made those contributions in spite of astonishing hurdles. Hurdles like not being allowed to go to school. Hurdles like not being allowed to work in an office with men, or join a professional society, or walk on the street, or own property. Example: look up Lise Meitner some time. When she was born in 1878 it was illegal in Austria for girls to attend school past the age of 13. Once the laws finally eased up and she could go to university, she wasn’t allowed to study with the men. Then she got a research post but wasn’t allowed to use the lab on account of girl cooties. Her whole life was like this, but she still managed to discover nuclear fucking fission. Then the Nobel committee gave the prize to her junior male colleague and ignored her existence completely.
Men in all patriarchal civilizations, including ours, have worked to downplay or deny women’s creative contributions. That’s because patriarchy is founded on the belief that women are breeding stock and men are the only people who can think. The easiest way for men to erase women’s contributions is to simply ignore that they happened. Because when you ignore something, it gets forgotten. People in the next generation don’t hear about it, and so they grow up thinking that no women have ever done anything. And then when women in their generation do stuff, they think ‘it’s a fluke, never happened before in the history of the world, ignore it.’ And so they ignore it, and it gets forgotten. And on and on and on. The New York Times article is a perfect illustration of this principle in action.
Finally, and this is important: even those women who weren’t inventors and intellectuals, even those women who really did spend all their lives doing stereotypical “women’s work”—they also built this world. The mundane labor of life is what makes everything else possible. Before you can have scientists and engineers and artists, you have to have a whole bunch of people (and it’s usually women) to hold down the basics: to grow and harvest and cook the food, to provide clothes and shelter, to fetch the firewood and the water, to nurture and nurse, to tend and teach. Every single scrap of civilized inventing and dreaming and thinking rides on top of that foundation. Never forget that.
Orpheion’s Big MSD Giveaway!!
Hello everyone! As you can see I have lots of stuff to get rid of and no patience for selling so I’d much rather give back to the community and my wonderful followers for encouraging me over the past two years that I’ve been active in the hobby. Please read below to find out the rules for this giveaway if you’re interested!
- You do not have to be following me but, followers get an extra entry.
- Reblogs only, you may like for reference but only reblogs count.
- Please only reblog once.
- Please only enter this giveaway if you’re actually interested in the items.
- Giveaway Ends July 20th 2014.
- I will ship anywhere, shipping costs are on me! If you are under 18 please get a guardian’s permission to give me your address.
- Your ask box must be enabled so that I can contact you if you’ve won.
- If the winner does not respond within 24 hours I will contact the next winner.
- Winners will be chosen via random.org.
About the items
- Everything is MSD sized, most is for slim minis but there are some regular MSD pieces and some can fit many sizes!
- There are a few wigs and eyes, many accessories, and lots of clothing!
- MonstroDesigns, Guppy Kisses, Crobidoll, and many more!
- If you have any questions please send me an ask and I will reply as soon as I can. I do not know where every item is from as many were given to me or bought second hand. But everything is in great condition!
- We have cats! So if you are allergic please let me know and I will do my best to remove any cat furs but as we all know, that’s very hard to do. So please keep this in mind.
- We do not smoke so no worries about odor.
I think that should be everything. Good luck everyone! And thank you again for all of your support. ♥
This is an impressive collection of MSD clothing and I’d love to win it for my girl.
Hey tumblinguists, is this a passive sentence?
When she woke, the candles had burned down to lumpy puddles of wax, and she had been undressed and tucked into a bed made from the cushions.
A pair of D-cup breasts weighs between 15 and 23 pounds—the equivalent of carrying around two small turkeys.
Inaccurate. I used the water displacement test to measure the volume of my DD-E cup breasts - they are about 1 litre in volume each, if this was to equate to between 1.5 and 2 kilo each then thats’s still only 8 pound maximum.
REALLY just wanna take this chance to remind the people who follow me to not kill/trap opossums if they’re in your yard, and do not call animal control! Seriously.
- Opossums are literally 100% BIOLOGICALLY INCAPABLE of carrying rabies. Their body temperature is too cool to incubate it properly.
- Opossums are actually quite gentle and NOCTURNAL, so if they’re roaming, they’ve probably gotten lost, been injured, and are looking for a place to hide.
- Young opossums tend to try to climb into garbage cans when they’re starving. This is because THEY ARE LITERALLY STARVING. Don’t fucking shoot them or hit them with things because you wanna be some fucking macho top-of-the-food-chain cocksucker.
- Mama possums are amazing mothers and if you encounter an “aggressive” opossum, it’s probably because she’s got babies hanging off her nipple and she’s freaking out. They’re clumsy. Sometimes they don’t hear you coming and you catch each other off guard.
- Wanna lure an opossum off of your property? You can set up a box with some greens and cat kibble in it, hide it well, and lure them out that way. They’re actually quite harmless and keep other predators away. they eat lotsa gross stuff.
- Opossum mamas who get hit by cars often still have their helpless babies attached to them. Possums get a bad rep and people say they are “the dumbest animal”, but they are incredible creatures who have been around since the days of fucking dinosaurs so treat them well, okay?
LOOKIT THESE CUTIES
Unless of course you live in New Zealand. If you live in New Zealand please (humanely) kill every possum you encounter, and if it’s already injured or dying, please euthanise it - they are a major pest and destroy our native flora and fauna. Possums can carry tuberculosis, which you can catch, they can pass it on to cows and other livestock.
Okaaay, so I just hopped on the bus carrying my Ashford spinning wheel and so far I’ve encountered at least five rather rude people. Two people sneering with ‘wtf’ expressions at my wheel, one person actually saying’ wtf is that piece of shit’, and two refusing to let me through to my bus when I said excuse me. Moral of the story: people are especially rude to those carrying things they’re unfamiliar with
Please, PLEASE make a Feeple Shiwoo available soon. I have been in love with that sculpt for years now, and I was never able to buy him from Luts. I don’t like the elf ears version, nor the dreaming version and I don’t want to have recasts as my only option - Shiwoo is my Grail doll and I’d rather give my money to the people that made the sculpt.